Tech: 88-89 GMT400 Quad Sealed Beam upgrades (Bosch T84 E-code headlights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
same as the composite grill but the quad light housings and if u wanna use composite bulbs then get the lmc lights

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Why don't you upload some pics of your friend's HID converion with LMC lamps, just to compare?
Btw i'd read a remark for your 1st post. The small bulb isn't 194 its w5w (difference in wattage) and it the reason why it placed there is simple. According to european laws all the front end lights should be white if i remember correct. So it's simple parking light. And it's only for Europe. Recently i bought 16507483 by mistake and there are no spots for the small bulb.(I could make some pics if you'd like) Well, you spend some time with HID, can you give more info about how it is on a road? Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you use lows only is it dim? I'm asking cos after i saw it in your video, i thought so.
My friend with the LMC lights doesn't have HIDs in them so I can't comment on their output with HIDs, but based off the halogen output and pattern they appear that they would be good. And the parking light being a W5W bulb is something I do not believe we have around here, the 194 based bulb is the most common. I think 168 is another.

I was unaware the T85 low beam was missing the parking light.

The HIDs are great on the road. Running just the low beam HIDs is more than enough light, with all running in High plus the spot lights it's like daylight. The pictures are deceiving in light output.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friend with the LMC lights doesn't have HIDs in them so I can't comment on their output with HIDs, but based off the halogen output and pattern they appear that they would be good.

Well W5W is the same as 160, 161 and 194 bulbs accept 161 - 3W, 194 - 4W and W5W - 5W, so it's simply brighter a little bit.

And the parking light being a W5W bulb is something I do not believe we have around here, the 194 based bulb is the most common. I think 168 is another.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is my hoe before i returned factory parking light back to life. Sockets were like new, never used. And parking lights worked only as turn signal.
Sorry for poor quality photo.

I was unaware the T85 low beam was missing the parking light.

I can make a few pics of it.

90C1500

Reaction score
What is needed to go from the high/low composite light from my 90 to the separate dual headlights from the 88-89 years?

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, new and learning. My 96 2dr has the 4 lights, therefore sealed beams? Also, when I replace with HID's, I need to replace unit itself with projectors vs just bulb which send light everywhere?