Tech: 88-89 GMT400 Quad Sealed Beam upgrades (Bosch T84 E-code headlights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but they don't contain the mountings and adjusters.

You didn't mention what year your truck is nor what your intent was.

Does your truck have the mini-quad headlights?
If no, then we now know that you are looking to do a conversion.
This leaves you w/ 2 options:
A: Your link: You will need the complete assemblies & the pigtails as they are specific to this headlight style. The bulbs themselves in the link that you gave, are essentially stock bulbs. They're ok. Def better than yellowed/dull plastic halogen housings.
B: The link that Arcane provided: will give you the 88-89 appearance but will use the stock halogen style bulbs & wiring. So you will need to procure the 88-89 mini-quad assemblies along w/ the LMC housings.

If your truck currently has Mini-quad headlights, then you have 2 options.
A: use the stock bulbs or find better brightness bulbs that use the same plug.
B: get the housings in the provided LMC link along w/ the halogen pigtails (splice them in) & a good set of bulbs.

I wish these housings were available 10yrs ago. I custom made my harness & use the stock 89 bulbs on my 99 Burban. I'll be ordering these as soon as I find an Escalade/Denali/Z71 harness to swap in place.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. i got now the composite headlamps, with an lmc grille conversion;)

you say that the lmc custom headlights use the composite pigtails, and that you can replace the actual bulbs alone?

You must be registered for see images attach

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks. i got now the composite headlamps, with an lmc grille conversion;)

you say that the lmc custom headlights use the composite pigtails, and that you can replace the actual bulbs alone?

Correct, the LMC housings give the visual appearance of the 88-89 mini-quad headlights, but work like the halogen style w/ replaceable bulbs. Which in turn will give superior lighting over both styles & because they are a glass unit, they wont dull/yellow like the halogen units.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do they come with the adjusters and springs?

In the link provided by Arcane, that link is only for the mini-quad style glass headlight housings that feature replaceable bulbs.

You will still need to find someone who is selling the stock assemblies & clean them up, install on your truck, then swap the LMC housings in & enjoy. Or pay more money to LMC for brand new mounting brackets.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately they're on back order. I think they've been for some time now.

hopefully they'll be available soon. I had bought the larger size years ago from them for my 89 S-Blazer that I had @ the time. They worked & looked great. I had even gotten the HD harness that LMC sells. They were even on backorder then.