TBI wet at regulator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhenson90

Reaction score
First post in the forum for me! Just joined today.

I have been battling a fuel leak for the past few weeks. Only able to work on it on Sundays due to my work schedule. I have rebuilt the tbi unit and just today replaced the fuel pressure regulator. I ran it for about 5-7 mins in the driveway and checked for any leaks. I didn't see any so I drove about 5 miles or so up the road and back. Came back and there's fuel around the base of the regulator. Any suggestions?

Truck is a 1991 K1500 5.7.

jhenson90

Reaction score
Ok good. When you put the regulator spring back in, you used the two guide pins and tightened each side equal turns on the way down?

I did. Got two diagonal fron each other snug then tightened them and matched the other two diagonal from each other.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok good. When I replaced my regulator spring, I spent a lot of time with a Dremel cleaning up the mating surfaces for all the gaskets. That's that's the only other thing I can think of - that there's a piece of old gasket in there somewhere, or a screw is coming loose once the engine heats up. You may have to take it apart again and take a look around.

jhenson90

Reaction score
Ok good. When I replaced my regulator spring, I spent a lot of time with a Dremel cleaning up the mating surfaces for all the gaskets. That's that's the only other thing I can think of - that there's a piece of old gasket in there somewhere, or a screw is coming loose once the engine heats up. You may have to take it apart again and take a look around.

That's what I was thinking. It couldn't hurt to pull it again and check it out.