TBI Throttle Body PCV Barb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaKs319

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've been looking at rebuilding my TBI on a daily driver. I ended up scoring a used TBI with injectors cheap on eBay. Figured I could rebuild that and get the injectors professionally cleaned with no downtime to the daily while taking my time.
Only problem is the TBI I picked up is missing the PVC Barb the hose goes onto. Searched around but this doesn't seem like a part I can purchase. Doesn't look like it gets screwed in there. I can try removing it from the TBI currently on the truck. Open to options.

Image of what I'm talking about. You can see it has the other barbs but not for PCV.

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've been looking at rebuilding my TBI on a daily driver. I ended up scoring a used TBI with injectors cheap on eBay. Figured I could rebuild that and get the injectors professionally cleaned with no downtime to the daily while taking my time.
Only problem is the TBI I picked up is missing the PVC Barb the hose goes onto. Searched around but this doesn't seem like a part I can purchase. Doesn't look like it gets screwed in there. I can try removing it from the TBI currently on the truck. Open to options.

Image of what I'm talking about. You can see it has the other barbs but not for PCV.

You must be registered for see images attach
Let me check my parts box, I think I have a complete TB for you.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Guess: You need two inches of 3/8 double-wall seamless steel tubing. Available at any auto parts store, but you'll probably have to buy 2--3--4 feet of it. Cut the flare off one end, then use a double-flare tool to push a bead onto that end, so it holds the hose nicely. Cut the tube to length after you've upset the end. Polish the cut ends with sandpaper, or on a wire wheel so there's no burrs.

Clean the hole in the casting. Coat the other end of the new tube in thread-locking compound--Loctite 271 or equivalent. Tap it into the casting with a big hammer swung gently. A big hammer with controlled swing is going to be far more effective (and safe) than a small hammer and high velocity.

I've done this on carburetor castings. A TBI shouldn't be any different, unless the hole is sized for Metric tubing.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up scoring a used TBI with injectors cheap on eBay. Figured I could rebuild that and get the injectors professionally cleaned with no downtime to the daily while taking my time.
I'm curious, what did you give it for? FYI, I was going to recommend this guy but, it looks like he's backlogged for now.

https://www.mrinjector.us/

HaKs319

Reaction score
$100 shipped on eBay. Tested injectors with a 9v and both click nicely.

I was going to go with WitchHunter but they're also backlogged. Going with RC Fuel Injection, they're local and 48hr or less turn around time.