Tbi 305 stalling/hard start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an interesting problem and im not exactly sure what to look for.
I have a 95 k1500 5.0/5spd from the factory. And I cut up the harness when I was 16 to carb swap the truck. Just put another tbi 305 with a wiring harness in the truck and been having an issue where the thing refuses to idle with the pcv hooked up. Truck engine and harness got pulled from was a factory 350 truck so I’m not sure if it’s got 350 injectors and it’s too rich to idle or what the deal is. Any thoughts on where to look is appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may have codes stored form when it was acting up.. I think the light stays on when you have an active issue... not 100%

Have you tried jumping aldl to see if there are any stored yet?

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have codes stored form when it was acting up.. I think the light stays on when you have an active issue... not 100%

Have you tried jumping aldl to see if there are any stored yet?
I have not. Genuinely haven’t messed with the obd1 system at all. And it’s currently acting up. I have had to keep the pcv port unhooked and it fires right up and idle albeit high due to the vaccum leak. Wondering if the iac needs reset since being unplugged due to swapping engines.