TBI spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me ask you something. Your trans is the 700r4 right? How did you get the passing cable to set right? I put a tb spacer in mine and now the torque converter won't lock up on the highway and my gas mileage took a bigger dump than it already was.

nope, mine is a 4L60E, and I had a spacer on my old 88 and set it just fine, you need to go set the cable right, you are lucky you have not burned your trans up yet.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
According to the guy that rebuilt the trans and set the cable, it's set right. But something about the cable is out longer bc of the spacer and won't let the torque converter kick in. I have a 1 year warranty on it and I have not touched the cable so he cannot say that I messed with it. I'm taking the spacer off probably Monday. The shift points are all correct and it shifts perfect except for the tc.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's very important. He even told me that after the trans was installed, if it is so much as out into gear, without him personally setting the cable, then the warranty is void.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
According to the guy that rebuilt the trans and set the cable, it's set right. But something about the cable is out longer bc of the spacer and won't let the torque converter kick in. I have a 1 year warranty on it and I have not touched the cable so he cannot say that I messed with it. I'm taking the spacer off probably Monday. The shift points are all correct and it shifts perfect except for the tc.

That cable isn't a passing cable, it control the throttle valve which sets the line pressure in the transmission. It also shouldn't affect TCC operation. If the shift points are correct then the cable is set correctly, the TCC not locking is another matter altogether. Is the wiring harness plugged into the transmission? If it is and still won't engage, take it back and don't pay him another dime until it's fixed.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
I have a 1995 k1500 extended cab. I rebuilt the motor with flat head pistons and the biggest cam I could find for computer controlled motor. The motor still has the stock bore (Due to my dumb ass and a college budget neglecting to bore it out while I had her apart) I put shorty headers on as well. I have a 3" suspension lift and 16x10 pacer wheels rapped in 305/70/R16 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s.

I have been looking into TBI spacers and was wondering if they work as well as portrayed or if the gains are worth the money. Also, if worth the money what is the best style (smooth, slotted, swirled, etc) and brand to go with.

Save your money and get a GOOD custom tune.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I have stock heads for my tbi motor. Talking about air flow ristriction, I have been thinking about taking the manafold and heads back off so that I can gasket match them and remove the burs from interior so that the air does not get hung up on them or offset ledges and such.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a throttle body spacer for TBI. Don't expect much, but it does help. I suggest only using the smooth ones. I used fuel line extensions on my truck. While you are at it, might as well port the throttle body and get a pod spacer. I also suggest getting rid of the choke collar and either using a Hypertech Powercharger or a homemade version. All of that should give you a nice noticable gain. For those that say none of that won't work, I beg to differ. I haven't just read it on the internet, I have done it all to my truck. And if it makes a good noticeable difference with a V6, I'm sure a V8 will benefit from it. But I can honestly say I haven't used a throttle body from a 454. And unless you are making a good bit of power, you won't see any increase of power over a ported 262-350 throttle body. I wouldn't even consider a 454 throttle body until atleast the 300 hp range. I'm willing to bet even then it won't make a difference.