TBI rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I failed to readjust my TPS after the base idle adjustment, so now it reads .63V @ 4%. Also, i noticed at hwy speeds the IAC sits at 60counts, and when idling it is at 0 counts. Could this be due to the plug being messed up when i adjusted my base idle? Attached log file.
You should adjust the min idle screw to get your IAC counts back up to ~5 - 10. If it stays at 0 it may be trying to drive further closed which may burn up the stepper motor in it. Then set your TPS to ~0.45V

i noticed at hwy speeds the IAC sits at 60counts
That's normal.

Also, my knock counts stays at 5 the entire log file? Is this indication that the knock sensor isnt working???
No, that's an accumulative count.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should adjust the min idle screw to get your IAC counts back up to ~5 - 10. If it stays at 0 it may be trying to drive further closed which may burn up the stepper motor in it. Then set your TPS to ~0.45V

That's normal.

No, that's an accumulative count.
I need to back it out to increase counts, correct?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to back it out to increase counts, correct?
yes, back out the min idle screw at little at a time.

Once you get those adjusted you should drive around a while, and get more samples, to see if your BLM normalizes out more. Right now you're running a little lean in higher MAP samples. INT (short term fueling) and BLM (long term fueling) s/b ~128 for 14.7 AFR stoich.
You must be registered for see images attach

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Once you get those adjusted you should drive around a while, and get more samples, to see if your BLM normalizes out more. Right now you're running a little lean in higher MAP samples. INT (short term fueling) and BLM (long term fueling) s/b ~128 for 14.7 AFR stoich.
thanks boss

will make time to do that today and repost....

Last edited:

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

got r done

Got IAC to 5-10 counts at idle and in drive, and got TPS to .43v best i can do it was very sensitive.

It idled much worse after these adjustments....

let me know what you think.

thanks,
tyler

Attachments

• after tps and iac adjust.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 1

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It idled much worse after these adjustments....
Unless the ECM is wigging out because it's seeing negative TPS % at idle, maybe a wire was disturbed while adjusting? Take a look at that and then try to get TPS to show >0%.

Once warmed up your BLM is looking better, this will take some driving in different conditions to get it finely tuned.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless the ECM is wigging out because it's seeing negative TPS % at idle, maybe a wire was disturbed while adjusting? Take a look at that and then try to get TPS to show >0%.

Once warmed up your BLM is looking better, this will take some driving in different conditions to get it finely tuned.
It's pretty much where it started out. Before tps was at -4% and idled the same. I'm sure no wires to tps are bad.

U think there could be anything wrong with my ecu or fuel pump, even though I'm getting 11psi?

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U think there could be anything wrong with my ecu or fuel pump, even though I'm getting 11psi?
There's always a possibility but not probable. It runs fine while driving, only at idle right? Although 11 PSI is on the lower range IMO and may contribute to your running lean but, I'd adjust the TPS again and drive it around some more before throwing more parts at it. You're in CL while idling so that may help some more too.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's always a possibility but not probable. It runs fine while driving, only at idle right? Although 11 PSI is on the lower range IMO and may contribute to your running lean but, I'd adjust the TPS again and drive it around some more before throwing more parts at it. You're in CL while idling so that may help some more too.
Sounds good. This crap idle been driving me nuts. I've pretty much isolated anything I and the web can think of. I'm no professional at all and that's all I focused in so far with the truck. I guess I'll start working on the brakes and power windows for now and just keep driving it... sucks.

Thanks for all the help

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after plenty of inquiries, one thing i never did was set valve lash. Ive heard from a few people on FB that they had similar issues with valves being too tight and causes missfires when hot. i HOPE this is my problem, being I dont have any valve noise from being loose. I will order some valve oil deflectors and see what that does.....