Taillight PS request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
They are pretty expensive for taillight bulbs. I know when I was looking before and hadn't decided to buy the LED tails I was looking on ebay for the bulbs. The quality is hit and miss and you just gotta look for reputable vendors. Vision Technology is awesome, I have them in my bumper lights but I was just looking and the only 3157s they offer in red are 68 SMD LED which probably won't fit, a 40 SMD LED Spider Lite that I'm doubting will fit either, and a 19 LED bulb thats forward facing and has no bulbs around the sides (not recommended for best lighting). For your situation and trying to keep the price down, I would look at one of these three: 1, 2, or 3. All three have a feedback rating of 99%, ship from the US, and the last one is a Top Rated Seller on eBay. Note that these bulbs are sold in pairs not individually. Doing it through eBay will cost anywhere from $22-$50 for the breaklights depending on which bulb you go with which is still less than half the price of the LED tails. You could even get LED reverse lights if desired. Then just use some plastic or headlight restoration cleaner to clean up your taillights to knew.

In the end tho if you could manage to suck it up and spend the $110 for the LED tails I think you would be more satisfied. Brand new taillights and bulbs are hard to beat plus it comes with an new backplate for it which means it plugs into your stock harness and then your done! But I understand your situation cuz I've been there many times as well lol.

You make a very good point lol I'm just torn between buying a new muffler or saving up for tails right now :lol: my brother took my truck mudding and now my exhaust is hanging off....thinking about going glasspack like on my old C10 but I'm not sure yet.

xSTUDDSx

Reaction score
Well when you put it in terms of sound vs appearance I would definitely go sound haha! Especially with a glasspack since they aren't too expensive. You should definitely get a 12" so everyone hears you comin haha!