Tailights, yes. Brake lights, turn signals, no! WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Fuses are good. Both in the dash & under the hood. Dash indicators work, as do the front bumper lights, corners & signals. Somewhat electrically deficient, here.
Cop was more interested in having me do a breathalyzer. 0.00! Said, "Go home. Fix it!"
Anyone have an idea where to start looking?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your taillight circuit boards. I had the same problem and found both my circuit boards toasted.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That was my next thing to check. Just couldn't see both of them going south at the same time.
May have a couple of those kicking around here somewhere.
Thanks! I'm on it!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I just fixed the exact same problem on an s-10 blazer. It was the multifunction (turn signal) switch. Try wiggling the hazard switch around or jamming something next to it and see if that does anything.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah boxerpitmix might be right, had issues with headlights not turning on. Took me forever to figure that it was the turn signal switch. If you have tilt try tilting steering wheel while hazard switch on. The turn signal harness had a wire pin bent, guess from the years of tilting the wheel it bent the wire out and lost contact. Hope you fix it soon

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
%$#&@*!^@%#$#$@!!! Circuit boards!
Swapped the tails with my '98. Work as they should. Look wrong on the truck though! Needed brake & turn sigs so I can drive to get some new boards.
Both at once? Weird! The reason why I never checked them in the first place. Why would both go at the same time??
Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
%$#&@*!^@%#$#$@!!! Circuit boards!
Swapped the tails with my '98. Work as they should. Look wrong on the truck though! Needed brake & turn sigs so I can drive to get some new boards.
Both at once? Weird! The reason why I never checked them in the first place. Why would both go at the same time??
Anyone ever have this happen to them?
Yes. Just as I stated earlier. You only need one to short the circuit, but both of mine were crunchy.