Tail Light Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently I had my new tail lights stolen while my truck was parked in my driveway. Before I install the new new ones I'd to get some tamper proof security screws. I know Jimmi Jammer sells some, but they're a little pricey to get to Canada. Has anyone in Canada found another source for a similar product? I'd also like to get screws for the third top mount brake light as well if possible.

If not then does anyone know the screw sizes/dimensions? I tried bringing some into my local fastener store but I could not sort out what they are.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with the screws but what is the chance they would steal your tail lamps again? Do you live in a tough area.?

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small town, from what I could tell I think my truck was targeted not just someone who drove by, so good chance they will see my new lights again. And ya, a lot of nice new trucks up year (so I was surprised when my truck was hit actually) but combine that with oil being in the ******* for 2 years there is unfortunately a lot of people looking to make a quick buck by jacking easy to steal truck parts. Garages and sheds are getting hit all the time too for toys and tools, anything that is easy to sell, quads and sleds get hauled off to Saskatchewan where they don't need to be registered and are never seen again.

Getting the Jimmi Jammers is about $22 USD, so not too bad, I'd just like to find a source where $10 of that isn't shipping and I'd like the third brake light too if possible. I'd rather spend that extra money than another $250 for lights and replacing the wiring harness again haha.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like if I got them shipped to me and put them in a envelope and mailed to you we would only be saving about 5 bucks.
You could install lights with torks screws and fill the screw with epoxy after tightening. To remove hold a soldering iron on the screw to melt the epoxy and remove.

Last edited:

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea if that is the screw size you need, I just grabbed the link as an example.

Ya that's the problem I'm having, I've found places that sell security type screws, I just don't know what ones to order.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a handful of stainless torx screws that were the correct size for taillights, and they came off other places on GMT400's I've parted out in the past. And I'll be damned if I can remember where on the truck they came from. :(

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya that's the problem I'm having, I've found places that sell security type screws, I just don't know what ones to order.

Find a mom and pop hardware store, they can probably help identify the size. Stores also sell those screw size guide cards...cannot remember the proper name, but a knowledgeable clerk at a store should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk