Tail light circuit boards ?????.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I know it may be more of a last resort, but I found these, and I'll be ordering a set in the next few weeks, but they have a harness to plug into the switchboard plug, and it just makes a standard style harness going to the individual lights, thus eliminating the whole issue. People seem to be happy about them from what I've seen, they still have a stock look to them, and I've heard very good things about SPPC warranty. I'll post my thoughts when I order them, and when they come in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O83SZQQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_7?smid=AXENHP79YDQOJ&psc=1

If only they made something like that but for the OEM taillights.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's too bad the OEM housings aren't really made to work like that. Though if you feel like experimenting, there's probably some sockets that you could make work - a universal style that isn't keyed, but just has retaining tabs. Might take enlarging of the holes in the housing so practicing on a junk/broken one would be best. You'd still have to come up with the socket to match the harness, but if we're already hacking that much, I'd say go ahead and just chop a circuit board apart at the socket and solder wires directly to the backside of the pins.

Richard

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the SPPC tail lights, as they kind of mimic the OEM style, but slightly updated. I'll see if I can mess around with the old factory tail lights and see if I can come up with a way to convert them to a twist style light socket. My only concern is how I'll be able to plug them into the original harness. Or will the plug have to be cut off and make a harness extension to the twist sockets

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trouble with modifying the OEM tails is if they get busted down the road...
This is true, but if we figure out a way to use the OEM housings, we can always get new housings/lenses to replace them. The hard part is figuring out the mounting/wiring situation

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
By 5 dollars, and I personally think the SPPC's look better. But it all comes down to personal preference.

They're literally the exact same lights... I'd be willing to bet that the SPPCs are just repackaged Anzos. LMC truck does the same thing, they put those exact Anzos in a different box and charge more for them. I know this for a fact, I bought one of each.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I replaced mine, I just bought what Orileys had. My truck is my daily driver, so I could not wait for mail order. When I did the boards, I also replaced both tail light lenses at the same time. The old ones were falling apart too. After swapping out the Dorman boards for a new drivers board, I was in a hurry, and I guess I bent the pin over for the running lights. When I figured out it wasnt working, I pulled it and saw the bent over pin. I strightined the pin, and its been all good since. I have 12 month warranty on these boards, so I will keep an eye on them till the warranty is out. Maybe then I will swap them for something better. I even thought about making my own boards. I can mill the plastic, and add light sockets to it. I do work in a machine shop after all. We do work with plastics here from time to time. I did notice a big improvement in my tail lights after replacing the lenses. My OE lenses looked grate, I have polished out several times, and they looked almost as good as the new ones, but the new lenses are much brighter.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're literally the exact same lights... I'd be willing to bet that the SPPCs are just repackaged Anzos. LMC truck does the same thing, they put those exact Anzos in a different box and charge more for them. I know this for a fact, I bought one of each.
It looks like they have different lenses, at least in the pictures that I have seen, but you may be completely right, just have to look at them in person?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
By 5 dollars, and I personally think the SPPC's look better. But it all comes down to personal preference.

How do you like them??? Hold up well, and hows the fitment?
The fitment is good, way better than most cheaper aftermarket tail lights. I bought them a year ago and still are just fine.

I agree, same lights, just repackaged.

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

With the LED tail lights though, the SPPC is cheaper than Anzo. Anzo wants $171 for their 7 row LED tail light, whereas SPPC's 7 row LED tail light is $131. With the stock style lights, very little price difference between both brands.