Tail light circuit boards ?????.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pulled the left light last night, and the prong for the running lights was bent. I straightened it out, and its fine now but I will get some AC Delco boards next time. The Dorman boards have 1 year warranty so once that expires in about 8 months, and they quit again it will be AC Delcos.

T-Yaz

Reaction score
I've got TYCs I think I got from O'Reillys like a year ago. They've held up just fine since then, running LEDs for both the brake/running lights and my reverse lights. Ran all clear taillights for nearly a year and I'm honestly surprised I haven't been hassled about them yet.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My right rear went out and i had no blinker or brake light... Amazon overnight... so far so good. seems to be good quality and i now have the left side for when that one goes out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C882XYT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Those look like the TMC Glo-Brite that I've tried before, or they're copies of them. I wasn't impressed but I was using LED's which may not have fit the sockets as well as regular incandescent bulbs.

Richard

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I think they just have the 3157/3156 style. You might be able to swap to the newer style circuit board, might is the key word.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they just have the 3157/3156 style. You might be able to swap to the newer style circuit board, might is the key word.
Pretty sure the swap from the old school 1157 style is as easy as changing the boards, though it's been forever since that old style was discontinued. If the boards don't directly plug in at the taillight harness ends, changing the taillight harness is an easy and inexpensive fix. Pretty much every truck you'd find in the boneyard is the 3157 board style as the older design was only on the oldest GMT400's. Even most 1988 parts trucks I've had were already the "new" style.

Richard