Tahoe/Suburban AC Control Unit 96+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i have one from my truck but a few of the rear plastic tabs broke off. still works fine i just replaced it with another good one with good tabs. i also just replaced the blower switch on it just a month or so before removing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Blower resistor is behind the glove box on 95+. I've done mine. If you're sitting in the passenger seat and drop the glove box it'll be on top of the HVAC unit behind the glove box. There's two 7mm screws holding it in and a plug for it on top. It's Diamond shape. Here's what you'll be looking for.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck in your pic..heater or none! The blower switch function can be checked at the resistor prior to pulling the thing. Pull the plug and verify command voltage at the plug. If none, bad panel control unit...if there 12V on the plug...bad resistor. May be a better way...? The plug pinouts can be googled and easily sorted out. I can address that also. As is obvious, I'm not exactly a regular. Plan to do more.
If you pull the dash trim, be real careful with the 4 way flasher switch....ask me how I know this! The 4 way switch can be removed, but be certain that the lock tab is completely disengaged from the switch.