Synthetic oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys could we use or would it be better to use synthetic oil/fluid in our transmissions and why or why not? Could it be not as good since trans fluid has cleaners in it I have always wondered why.
Thanks! Roland :hmm:

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Transmission fluid is much higher in detergents than any oil. I would definitely not put any motor oil in a transmission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use synthetic trans oil, I am using it in my truck, it's good stuff!

That's what I meant Trans synthetic fluid/oil. Do you remember what type or brand and maybe the cost compare to regular fluid?

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
synthetic trans fluid is going to last longer and give the trans better protection just like synthetic engine oil in your engine, its all I ever use.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had synthetic in mine it got burnt up and discolored within two weeks so I've used conventional since.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying synthetic motor oil next oil change. I've heard about the potential benefits and i think the extra cost would be worth it for more miles and better protection.