Switch Install for Off Road Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaberman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I apologize for starting a new thread as I can't imagine this hasn't been covered a million times over already, but searching and browsing, I'm simply not seeing it.

With that said, all I need to know is what wire and where to tap into power for the switch under the dash. The instructions said to "connect to parking lamps". Thanks in advance for any help and again sorry for what is probably an over abundant topic....

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
When I added the lights to mine, I used the parking light output from the headlight switch to activate the relay. I believe it was a white wire in my 94. But take a test light and see which wire off the back of the headlight switch powers up when you turn on the parking light.

Hope this helps

joshuaberman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Right after I posted this, I found an old Haynes I forgot I had...looked at the diagram and found a pink wire under the dash to tap into. Works just fine. Amazed I couldn't find any info online easier. Eh, whatever, they work.