Suspension swap 96 to 88

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weisseguy

Reaction score
Hello, I am new and looking forward to hearing from you guys. I own a 1988 c1500 silverado and have for about 10 years. She's been a good truck and I just recently have been able to put some cash into it. My question has to do with the suspension. My father has a 96 suburban that he bought for parts since he has a 95. The guy who he bought it from just put new suspension parts on. I want to take them off and use them on my truck. Is this possible? Which parts will bolt up? And which ones am I better of just getting new? I am already thinking that ball joints are better off getting new unless I can get them without ruining the boot. Other than that I don't know. Maybe you guys could help me figure out if any of these parts are swappable. I've looked into getting new stuff from PST but if I could same some $ I will go that route instead and use the $avings to work on my a/c instead. Thanks any help I would appreciate.