Supertruckers "Cherry"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I finally made some progress on my truck so I figured I'd start my own thread. I picked the truck up for 700 bucks with a bad tranny. Drove it last summer with out 2nd gear. Threw a junkyard tranny in it and started the fun stuff. '95 with a 305, 250k on the clock no smoke, no leaks. 4/5 Hotchkis springs, McGaughys spindles and shackles on 17" Budnik's Now for pics!!!

The day I brought it home.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dropped on stockers

And with the wheels on

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I would like to find some budnicks for mine your truck will look real badass when ya get rid of the cancer. whats ur plans for it?

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Well, I want to redo the notch, box in the frame, fuel cell behind the axle, bigger sway bars, 13" disk brakes on all 4 corners. Not quite sure on what kind of engine I want to run yet. Id like to have a streetable 400 hp and a 150 shot of nitrous just incase since I have the setup collecting dust from my last project. And of course get the body straightened out.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a nice project! Would look awesome with a roll pan on the rear once you fix the rust on the lower box side! What part of MN you from?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man looks great other than the rusty cab corner! This seems like a perfect candidate for an LS swap :evillol:

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I'm up in Princeton. The truck is a bit rougher than it looks in the pics. it needs a pass side door and fender and a complete boxside on the drivers side. Im just holding out until I can find some red ones because I want to wait till everything else is done before the repaint. I do have new cab corners in the garage. My last project "lemon" had almost every color body part they used on a S-10. As for the engine I've considered a 5.3 because you can get them so cheap around here and having an OBD2 for engine management would be nice.

You can see the dent in the door, and when I took the chrome off the fender the lip just crumbled in my hand

Heres the reason for the new bedside

And the "lemon" It was a fitting name since it was yellow and a P.O.S. when i got it.

I know, looks nice in the pics but P.O. liked fiberglass way too much. And the paint was equipment enamel
And heres what It looked like just before I sold it.......Can you believe somone actually bought it looking like this?

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
It was an Hombre front clip. I would have kept it but I couldn't find the matching Hombre box. the truck was an impulse ebay buy. I never noticed that the S-10 and Hombre has different fender openings and thats something I didnt realise I'm very OCD about lol.