Supercharger help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guys I am back in the chevy game! Pics to come soon.
What I purchased:
1999 obs black 4 door chevy tahoe
-42k original one owner miles
-whipple supercharger already installed
-stainless headers
-gibson stainless exhaust
-k&n intake
-posi rear end
-hypertech programmer-believe this was bought for tire size mostly

So that is what is already on the truck and very well maintained, I am slowly trying to read and learn how to properly maintain this stuff.

Questions:
-Is it bad to have the hypertech installed with the sc? ( i read in manual it may be)

-Does anyone have one of these sc? If so is one of the allen screws the dipstick as well or is there a seperate dip stick that i dont have?

Any info you guys can supply or tips for me that would be great.

Thanks

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Tho answer the first question no its not bad to have that programmer you really should have a custom tune with that whipple

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the truck running the Whippletronics?
The first generation does not have a dipstick (mine doesn't), I believe that either of the top two allen screws could be a dipstick in the later generation models. The first gen ones can not use one due to the way the front case was designed.

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it must have whippletronics bc there is a whipple computer under the factory PCM. I have not pulled the Allen screw to see if it's a dipstick.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To my understanding as long as the Hypertech is only adjusting shift points and tire size you should be fine.
Does that setup have the extra injectors on the piece that mounts to the intake or does it have a boost-a-pump?

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I believe it has the two extra injectors, bc I do not have a boosta pump. Whipple does not suggest use of any programmers but it seems fine

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with it then.
Once you start getting into removing the Whippletronics and extra injectors it starts getting expensive as far as fueling and tune.
If you are happy with it now I would just leave it alone and enjoy it!

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so if im heppy should i just leave the hypertech on it like he had set up from the shop that did the work?

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
or would you remove the hypertech and put factory tune back on it?

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would look and see what all was loaded off the Hypertech.
If it is just transmission and tire changes I would leave it.