Supercharger help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The Hypertechs don't really do a whole lot, performance wise. The only 'real' gain they provide is that they raise the max shift points by 500 RPM, remove the speed limiter, (I set mine @160mph! Like the truck will ever see that speed!) & recalibrate the speedo for different size tires. Shouldn't affect the Whipple computer. I'd leave it.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Custom tune will not account for the extra injectors because they are run off the Whippletronics, not the PCM.

If you are happy with the way it is leave it alone. If you want more out of it do a 0411 PCM swap, marine intake, bigger injectors, custom tune, and do away with the Whippletronics. That all adds up really fast though!

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guys when I get back to the shop tomorow i will see what the hypertech is set on. And let you guys know. I appreciate the comments.

Will I be able to tell easily on the hypertech what is on there? Anyone have experience with them?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The Hypertech will show you everything that was adjusted. It will also give the option to return it all back to stock. IIRC, to return to stock is a one button push. Not sure on that, though. Either way, it's a pretty simple device to work with. Just follow the prompts.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Custom tune will not account for the extra injectors because they are run off the Whippletronics, not the PCM.

If you are happy with the way it is leave it alone. If you want more out of it do a 0411 PCM swap, marine intake, bigger injectors, custom tune, and do away with the Whippletronics. That all adds up really fast though!
A custom tune can account for anything extra injectors nitrous turbo literally anything

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A custom tune can account for anything extra injectors nitrous turbo literally anything

How can the tune adjust something that is run by a separate computer?
You are basically throwing unmeasured fuel into the engine that the computer doesn't see.
Plus, the black box PCM does not have any tuning capability for boost. That is another reason to go with the 0411 swap, to run a 2bar MAP.

Last edited:

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Hypertech will show you everything that was adjusted. It will also give the option to return it all back to stock. IIRC, to return to stock is a one button push. Not sure on that, though. Either way, it's a pretty simple device to work with. Just follow the prompts.

Like sewlow said, it should be real easy to see what has been programed with the Hypertech after plugging it in.

Jmlea0

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys I plugged the hypertech in today and I have some good news. From what I can tell he only had the tire size entered and the option for a 160 degree thermostat that is needed with whipple.