suburban to crew cab conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Some random pics I've accumulated along the way that may be helpful:

You must be registered for see images attach

I think those were off pirate4x4 iirc. Google should turn up more.

Cheers

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
ok it looks like its just a photo shop but this is basically what i was trying to explain

This way you get your crew cab plus a truck box and you avoid the quality problems you are worried about since you are not touching the chassis.

Put a sloped roof on the back like a Humvee then I would be interested...I don't see much point in such a tiny truck bed, it would be less useful than a SUV

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put a sloped roof on the back like a Humvee then I would be interested...I don't see much point in such a tiny truck bed, it would be less useful than a SUV

Our '06 Avalanche is mostly a grocery runner/winter security/hunting trip. The actual truck bed aspect is useful for hunting, throwing deer/turkeys/antelope/hogs/etc... into the back. Its really a family truck, hauling less rugged cargo, but still able to haul cargo that would otherwise not be suitable to throw into the back of a carpeted SUV while maintaining plenty of leg room for both the front bench and the rear bench. The hard covers make a world of difference too though... Just my .02 . Every truck has its purpose I suppose. If I ever become a daddy I'd probably start looking for one, most likely NBS though.<<--take less time to make lol.

Tinason

Reaction score
I agree with Ryan...those above trucks would be useless..to me at least. Thats why im tossing the sub out and turning it into a crew cab with separate frame.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im not going to be using the suburban frame...its going to the scrap yard!! To bad too..its a minty 3/4 ton frame. I am stretching a diesel 1500 extended cab and putting a crew cab on to make a crew cab shorty diesel.

make sure you sell the 14 bolt before you junk it!