suburban to crew cab conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Maybe you could use the front roof transition off a suburban at the junk yard as a back transition for your crew cab

Tinason

Reaction score
I just looked over the other threads that were posted about the shortened suburbans. Not to be negative or crapping on other peoples projects, is that kind of quality considered ok? I would be frightened to drive those rigs...never mind pull with them! If im driving around with my family....i would like a little piece of mind. Am I being too critical or is this acceptable?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man those projects are insane!!! I dont see a problem with them though^^^^^

Their like OBS Mega cabs! lol

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Honestly i would say cut the back wall of the crew cab off cut the back roof of the burb off and graft the back wall of the crew cab on and then add panels to the now open area of the burb to make it a box like a normal truck...basically ending up with an obs avalanche as has been suggested before..give me a sec...i know i have seen pics of an S10 blazer done like this...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
ok it looks like its just a photo shop but this is basically what i was trying to explain

You must be registered for see images attach

This way you get your crew cab plus a truck box and you avoid the quality problems you are worried about since you are not touching the chassis.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I thought I could only see it in my dreams, but now its right here before me on this computer screen! That is just B.A. Too B.A. Almost too much B.A. to handle. I would have to say this is my dream project, nevermind the lifted tahoe for snowing. OBS Avalanche FTW.

Last edited:

Tinason

Reaction score
Im not going to be using the suburban frame...its going to the scrap yard!! To bad too..its a minty 3/4 ton frame. I am stretching a diesel 1500 extended cab and putting a crew cab on to make a crew cab shorty diesel.