suburban to crew cab conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinason

Reaction score
hey all!! I need to find out how 1995 chevy cabs are constructed. I have a 95 suburban which is mint...kind of a shame to cut it up. I want to cut it behind the rear doors..or cut the spot welds on the inside of jamb and replace it with the back of a 95 regular cab to make a crew cab to fit on my frame. I just need pictures...drawings actually of chevy trucks that are exploded so i can see what connects with what and what i need to all swap from the regular cab. Any leads to where i can find this would be appreciated, would chevy them selves have something like that they would give out? Thanks

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
that sounds like an awesome project sorry i can't help with the pictures of anything

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
id lift it and put a roof rack on it for a start

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The coolest suburban mod ive seen was on a square body suburban. They cut out the rear windows and grafted a blazer rear end in its place, that way it was a suburban with the top on and a truck without the top.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only spot welds in the jambs would be for the quarter panels, roof skin is all one piece. Id cut the back section off right below the rear windows and cut the roof square a few inchs past the rear doors and cut the rear section off a regular cab and make it fit behind the doors and cap off the top the quarters where yout cut below the windows

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to just get a vrew cab cab... Put it on. You could use your doors, ur whole front clip. Most of your interior .. Would be a lot easier and less work IMHO

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to just get a vrew cab cab... Put it on. You could use your doors, ur whole front clip. Most of your interior .. Would be a lot easier and less work IMHO

I think it would be easier to just buy the whole crew cab so you don't have to build one! :lol:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to just buy the whole crew cab so you don't have to build one! :lol:

But half the fun is building it sometimes and having the pride that you did it yourself