Suburban & Tahoe Rear Pillar Door Lock Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My rear lock switch will lock all doors except the barn doors. Is this by design?
There's a delay on locking the rear barn doors. Five to fifteen seconds, it seems to vary by truck and weather. Theory is that you can open it up to put something in or take something out that you forgot.... Suburbans are so big, it takes the juice that long to get from front to back LoL.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Same here-99 tahoe z71 barn doors-I have the switch. It works. Unlike the remote lock which sometimes does and often doesn't work-it unlocks ok but locking is another matter-so I have to lock it manually.
Have you cleaned the remote or replaced the battery? That usually makes them sharpen up a bit. Pry the case apart with a little screwdriver. I think these are designed to be pried apart with a dime, which is very thin, but most Americans in the 90s would have in their pockets. Dealing with old tech here people!

*Picture slightly larger than actual size!

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_113951~2.jpg
    IMG_20220212_113951~2.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 8

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you cleaned the remote or replaced the battery? That usually makes them sharpen up a bit. Pry the case apart with a little screwdriver. I think these are designed to be pried apart with a dime, which is very thin, but most Americans in the 90s would have in their pockets. Dealing with old tech here people!

*Picture slightly larger than actual size!
Remotes work great-I got 2. I can hear it clicks but doesn't lock so it must be something else. Unlocks from remote-locking is worse. X2 button works ok too.

dmhscorpion

Reaction score
Is the rear door pillar switch only installed when equipped with rear cargo doors ( barn doors) ?
My 1999 Tahoe 2 door has the switch.
I wired a magnetic switch in parallel with it, placing it against the glass in the bottom left-hand corner of the side glass. If I get locked out, I just have to put a magnet against the glass and both doors unlock.