stupid door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You want it to be as close to being closed as possible....else you'll be stretching the frame-side mount outwards/inwards instead of forwards/backwards. If there's looseness in the hinges after the pin/bushing replacement, then you'll need to adjust them with shims or new hinges. The bending can also be done when looseness exists, but it's better to manually adjust the hinge plates. You can also shim worn out holes with a tack welder and pieces of 1/2" fuel line tubing.....you're in essence building up the hole with the layers of tubing. What we did on a 98 s10 once was used bolt-on hinges from an older car and after cutting the holes in the door, we used 1/4" steel plate with threaded holes in it as a reinforced backing plate to bolt into(you can also use nuts welded to back of backing plate instead of threading the holes in plate).

Sh**, im glad you corrected me on this one, true, door closest closed. My father had gaven me a hand with my truck, and thats what we did!