stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
have you seen the new tax rules for privately purchased vehicles?
short story, GOV sets purchase price, regardless of what you actually paid.
you get a great private deal, they tax you more .....
Then we get to fill up (fill up? do what??) with THE most expensive gas in North America!
Yesterday. $50.00 got me 27.9 liters. $1.79.9/liter Cdn.
Or...10.99 US gallons for $39.46 US. $5.35/gal. US.
I'm outside of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. (GVRD)
The GVRD adds even more tax.
Downtown Van average = $2.09.9 Cdn./liter = $6.21 US per US gallon.
There's been sightings of some stations selling REGULAR gas @ $2.22/liter.
That's 6.81 US per US gallon!

You must be registered for see images attach

Now if that don't catch your eye!
...and diesel is even more!

There are two lessons for the rest of Canada to learn from this.

First, B.C. is the template for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal carbon taxes. Trudeau is jacking his carbon tax up to $170 per tonne within the next eight years and that adds 37 cents per litre of gasoline. He’s also imposing a national second carbon tax later this year. So, Trudeau is planning on making ALL Canadians paying more than $2 per litre for gasoline soon.

Second, leaders who impose these carbon taxes will pretend their radical policies don’t hurt anyone.

When everyday working people can no longer afford to drive to work and heat their homes because of the carbon taxes imposed on them by well-paid politicians, those same politicians will play dumb – hoping that voters are exactly that.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Between those two choices hands down go with the full size. Its in better shape, has a better pump (e58 vs the e47 on the blazer), and the mount on the blazer looks home made. The GMT400 is set up for the long haul, it could even be used commercially if you want to take on a few contracts during the winter. The blazer is setup for home use and probably couldn't handle much more than 6" of heavy stuff... it would lose traction then you would have to use momentum to push heavier stuff and then you break those homemade mounts.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
The blazer is setup for home use and probably couldn't handle much more than 6" of heavy stuff... it would lose traction then you would have to use momentum to push heavier stuff and then you break those homemade mounts.
This is why I don't like seeing Jeep Wranglers with plows, they don't have the oomph to push as much snow as a pickup does. We had a guy around here with a 2 door Explorer that had a plow that seemed to be bigger than the truck :rofl:. Even if I only plow my road and my sisters driveway, I use my 89 for snow plowing. 9 foot fisher plow, way too overkill for what I do but if I do find myself in a massive blizzard in coastal Alaska, I'm good to go :Big Laugh:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I hear ya, I'd much rather be over prepared than be left stuck in my own driveway without a way to get out. (almost happened once, two years after I bought my house, never again!)

You've seen my rig right? The one with 11 leaf springs in the back and a few tons of bricks in the bed.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Then we get to fill up (fill up? do what??) with THE most expensive gas in North America!
Yesterday. $50.00 got me 27.9 liters. $1.79.9/liter Cdn.
Or...10.99 US gallons for $39.46 US. $5.35/gal. US.
I'm outside of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. (GVRD)
The GVRD adds even more tax.
Downtown Van average = $2.09.9 Cdn./liter = $6.21 US per US gallon.
There's been sightings of some stations selling REGULAR gas @ $2.22/liter.
That's 6.81 US per US gallon!

You must be registered for see images attach

Now if that don't catch your eye!
...and diesel is even more!

There are two lessons for the rest of Canada to learn from this.

First, B.C. is the template for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s federal carbon taxes. Trudeau is jacking his carbon tax up to $170 per tonne within the next eight years and that adds 37 cents per litre of gasoline. He’s also imposing a national second carbon tax later this year. So, Trudeau is planning on making ALL Canadians paying more than $2 per litre for gasoline soon.

Second, leaders who impose these carbon taxes will pretend their radical policies don’t hurt anyone.

When everyday working people can no longer afford to drive to work and heat their homes because of the carbon taxes imposed on them by well-paid politicians, those same politicians will play dumb – hoping that voters are exactly that.
That is seriously messed up! Guess y'all need to vote em out...or move south!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Thats messed up about the sale price too, do they tax the KBB value for everything? Or do you have to send them pictures of the vehicle for them to decide what a market value would be?

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Thats messed up about the sale price too, do they tax the KBB value for everything? Or do you have to send them pictures of the vehicle for them to decide what a market value would be?

Even in the US (Georgia to be exact), I thought I'd pay tax on the market value of my '94 ecsb k1500 I purchased last year. I paid more than market value due to very low mileage and excellent condition. The tax office in my county calculated ad valorem tax based on the bill of sale instead. That one hurt!