stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, most if not all states do bill of sale tax, or at least the price you claim you paid when transferring titles. Whenever possible I put down $1 for sale price, even if I'm selling to help out the buyer a little. Even still its a couple hundred bucks just to transfer the title.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Yea, most if not all states do bill of sale tax, or at least the price you claim you paid when transferring titles. Whenever possible I put down $1 for sale price, even if I'm selling to help out the buyer a little. Even still its a couple hundred bucks just to transfer the title.
The seller, being a classic car dealer, had to write it up with bill of sale with actual price for their sales/tax purposes. I paid my taxes and all is well.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats messed up about the sale price too, do they tax the KBB value for everything? Or do you have to send them pictures of the vehicle for them to decide what a market value would be?
That part is still shaking out, supposed to kick in this October.
our insurance company icbc, tries to rip you of with rock bottom price if your vehicle is written off, so i’m sure they’ll create a new policy to rip us off even more...

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because them rockers are gooooone....
Anytime I see stick-on chrome on a northern truck I think rust.

In his ad, he said he paid almost $3k for painting the undercarriage the same color as the exterior along with some minor stuff.

If that means what I think…that he literally paid someone to paint everything underneath then what a colossal waste of money. Most sellers just rattle-can it over the surface rust, grime, etc. The same level of surface prep was probably used either way.

Geez. I guess his mechanic/body shop made their boat payment after all.

You must be registered for see images attach