Stuck on brights. Stalk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocLong

Reaction score
92 C1500, tilt wheel. Replaced the ignition switch and now pulling back on the turn signal stalk does nothing. Brights are on....can't engage lows.

Is this due to something I may have knocked loose? Or did my ham ****** buddy more than likely break the stalk somehow?

TIA

Doc

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you hear or feel it click when you try to switch back n forth? If not then its the multi function switch.

Ham ****** buddy...... Got a few of them too!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On pre 94 trucks there is a high/low switch operated by a rod to the turn signal stalk. If you dont feel or hear anything you may have knocked the rod loose. You should be able to see it by removing the plastic cover just forward (towards the dash) of the stalk.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Push the stalk forward instead of back. Mine did the same thing after I had my column apart. When the switch doesn't "click" just push it forward instead of back and it'll usually click and work again.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That or when you put it back together, you didn't make sure the switch was in the center or the little arm that connects to the switch could be not in right... I've seen that too.

DocLong

Reaction score
I didn't do it myself. Between my buddy and I, he's the electical and interior guy. I do the body work and the mechanical. (He owes me, he's got a 64 Chevy 2 wagon that needs a ton of body work!)

I'll check that rod.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
An easy fix would be to use your headlight switch as a dimmer. Run high beam with the headlight in the on position and run low beam with your DRL while in parking lamp position.