Stuck Ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
My ignition is getting stuck and I'm not sure why. It doesn't happen everytime but it's been happening alot lately to the point im having to umbolting the ignition switch and starting with a screwdriver. The ignition turns fine without the switch hooked up and the switch doesn't seem to be hard to slide so I'm lost at what it could be. Any help is appreciated. Truck is a 93

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Try a new key cut at the dealership. They can do that via your serial #.
I had a new key made a while back and it was fine, starting having this problem only the last few weeks and with the new and old key

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
And now my blinker stick is flopping back and forth for the high beam switch.... I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to replace the whole damn column

Parahdox

Reaction score
aye same thing happens to me man, one thing that helps so the key doesnt get stuck is to really make sure its in park. Like slam it up so it goes in, usually fixes the stuck key.