Stronger 4x4 CV Axles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Took my 88 out and did some rock crawling and trail riding today, and couldn't help but be annoyed by the popping noises coming from both CV axles whenever I had to turn the wheel at all, or when the suspension flexed either direction. After breaking 2 axles last year under a different situation, those popping noises sounded more like nails on a chalkboard to me. Gotta say, I love my IFS for high speed trail riding and desert racing, but it's definitely gotta be about worthless when it comes to the angles that rock crawling requires. A friend of mine sent me a link to these axles, and everyone I've talked to about them are very impressed, but with a $2000 price tag for 2 axles, wow! I think I'll just be a little more careful with it and stick with my stock axles! :) Just thought I'd share these in case anybody's got an extreme IFS 4 wheeler out there and might want to look into them. These are for an 88 K1500, but you can search for other vehicles under the "Products" tab.

http://www.rcvperformance.com/product-details-axles.aspx?sku=CVJIFS-GM15

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
man for that price, id try to brake them a few times to use the lifetime warranty, then you got your moneys worth ^^^:roflsquared:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if i was building a prerunner type deal and needed to stick with the ifs and had no expense spared then those would be what thats for otherwise thats a waste of 2k