Strange clicking from passenger side dash area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-103114.png
    Screenshot_20220103-103114.png
    696.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 92_68s[1]~2.jpg
    92_68s[1]~2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 16

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Crap picture wasn't included. Sorry.
They don't do us a lot of favors with really clear names on these actuators.. and since the three look similar that makes it tougher.

The old GM part # on the one I removed from my '94 was this - 16149192 - which has been superseded 89018370. AC-Delco # 15-73020. Some sites refer to it as the actuator for the air inlet, which makes sense, but not everyone will refer to it that way.

Richard

FrankieD61

Reaction score
What is manual AC? Some actuators say that some don't.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Also, what type of blower motors do these trucks take? (91 k1500)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you reading the description? It says with RPO code "C60" manual temp selection. Look on glove box door. If your going to do your own repairs get the service manual, read the first section, these are basics, all options listed. It's not magic, read it.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Are you reading the description? It says with RPO code "C60" manual temp selection. Look on glove box door. If your going to do your own repairs get the service manual, read the first section, these are basics, all options listed. It's not magic, read it.

I'm sorry. I understand my question's my seem stupid, but my logic is this: It doesn't hurt to ask somebody who knows a little more than me. If you were that annoyed by my question, then you could just scroll on and not post anything just like everyone else. I don't understand the need to post "It's not magic, read it." We're supposed to be here to help each other, not patronize.

Edit: However, you did have useful info in your post, so I should have said: "Thank you, happy new year!"

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want to do the work, great learn a little. Read the owners manual. Get the service manual, and the unit repair manual. There free here on the forum.
Give you a fish, or teach you how to fish.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I understand my question's my seem stupid, but my logic is this: It doesn't hurt to ask somebody who knows a little more than me. If you were that annoyed by my question, then you could just scroll on and not post anything just like everyone else. I don't understand the need to post "It's not magic, read it." We're supposed to be here to help each other, not patronize.

Edit: However, you did have useful info in your post, so I should have said: "Thank you, happy new year!"
Seriously read the manual. the procedure to replace an actuator with a new one is different than pulling one off that has already been centered/cycled and putting it back on.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discription in rockauto pics shows blend and mode so that one should work for center of box which is blend and mode which is by gas pedal. The one back side behind the blower is recirc and should be only 2 pin which is 92+ maybe even 91 but 91 i dont personally know

dilerin

Reaction score
I hate to be a pain but any answer on this? I don't want to order the wrong part.
Of the three actuators two are the same and one different (at least on my '98). The safest thing would be to remove the offending actuator and note the number on it before buying anything. If it clicks it's probably a split plastic gear which you can replace yourself for about $12. You Tube will show you how.