Stock TBI 305 block and heads useful?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
Is there some crazy universe that my stock TBI 305 block and heads would be useful or desirable for someone. Long story short I pulled my 208,000 mile 1993 TBI 305 motor a year ago. I've had it kicking around because I wanted to see what the intake ports, combustion chambers, pistons and valves looked like after 25 years and all those miles. Now I've checked things out and I'm tired of it sitting in the corner of the garage. I hate to pitch the block and heads in the recycling bin but I can't think of anyone who would want an old 305.

Is there any use for this thing besides a paperweight?

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Besides a paperweight? A boat anchor. Yard Art if you live down south. (No offense to the nice people down south)

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides a paperweight? A boat anchor. Yard Art if you live down south.
^^^ Amen!

Here's what I do with my leftover stuff from my 88 5.7 - "Chevy" on the right and "Silverado 3.42" on the left, BTW does South West AZ count, LMAO?

You must be registered for see images attach

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean the block remove all the internals paint your color of choice get a piece of glass and if you aren’t afraid of your wife Voila coffee table

Edit: if you stand it on end it can double as a wine rack

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Boat people like 305's because its an upgrade to the 4.3 but not too much power where it'll rip the mounts out of the fiberglass hull.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I hate to pitch the block and heads in the recycling bin but I can't think of anyone who would want an old 305.

Advertise it on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, or one of the other sales platforms. Don't worry about who might want it, you just advertise it. If you decide a buyer doesn't exist, or nobody will buy it, you're preventing the sale before it has a chance to sell, guaranteeing no sale.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
Wow I honestly thought I'd get very little feedback and I like what a bunch of you wrote. Thanks for the thoughts. I guess you are right no harm in posting the parts for sale and as a back up the scrap yard might get a look at it... Regarding the coffee table we've all seen that picture over the years and I'd be lying if I didn't say I at least considered what I could make out of it for around the house or garage. Stay tuned...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If it's still together, and was running when you removed it, I'd leave it as is, to sell. I woun't take it apart.