Stock replacement carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I got code 45 and 32, but light comes and goes random as does rough idle. I have new o2 sensor on drivers side, I have to check but I didnt see a pass side o2 sensor. Maybe the code list I read was incorrect. Thanks for the tip on getting hard line, hopefully The L’s are still on the TB.
Dude who I got truck from said shop disco the line to get to pass emissions which makes little sense to me. Id say once a week the rough idle happens and the codes intermittently while driving.

truck no longer needs to pass emissions. Just wanted the few times it idled bad to go away

BEFORE you do anything clean your grounds. Battery to block, the back of the passenger head to the firewall, block to frame AND BOTH ECM grounds on the intake manifold.

Code 45 is a rich exhaust indication. You will need to hook a scanner to the truck and verify that the O2 sensor voltage is switching above and below .5 volts. If it is fixed above .75 volts. disconnect the O2 sensor and jump harness circuit 412 to ground and the voltage should drop below .35 volts. If it does there is more diagnostics that need to be done. You could have high fuel pressure, a leaking injector, a leaking fuel pressure regulator, a canister purge that is saturated with fuel (it sounds like yours is not connected so it most likely is not a factor), slewed MAP sensor, an intermittent TPS voltage signal If it does not drop to below .35 volts it is an indication of a faulty ECM.

Code 32 is you EGR system and that is a whole different ball of wax.

Earthworm

Reaction score
I cant afford headers til next year. Which is when I was going to delete the emissions system, I read the steps for this.
My goal currently is to get better than 11mpg. So far the truck runs okay with random idle issues. This week I was going to replace MAP, IAC, belt, pullies, plugs and wires. I have a new o2 sensor. Doing rear end fluid too.

someone mentions coolant sensor, so I will get that part and put in.

I am reading the egr system is funky. So correct me please, should I atleast try to get vacuum lines connect to see if this improves? And should I even bother with new egr valve and solenoid?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got code 45 and 32, but light comes and goes random as does rough idle
32 code is your EGR, and 45 is your O2 rich. This means your O2 sensor isn't switching back and forth between rich and lean for ~30 seconds. Your ICM (Ignition Control Module) can cause this. These earlier OBD1 ECMs will throw a light and then it'll go away but it'll still store the codes for somewhere around 40 key cycles or you disconnect the battery.

TBIcodes.pdf

Earthworm

Reaction score
So may have found the partial culprit. PS pump may have been dragging on accessories. Get to put that in tomorrow. Looking forward to that. Fun times DD a 30 year old truck lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers