Carb swapped ‘97 vortec - SUCCESS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebo_vi21

Reaction score
I have successfully carb swapped my 97 silverado. A lot of research, trial and error, work has paid off. All of it has been done by myself except some machine shop work. I went with a Edelbrock AVS2 carb and have the 4L60E shifting perfectly. Everywhere I went online I had folks telling me how ridiculously I was to do it.
The reason for this post is to say it is a very worthwhile project. If anyone has questions please ask and I will help any way I can. I can post pics if needed.
I did get some good advice on this forum and I do appreciate it.
I have everything needed to do swap jus need light shined on wiring to make my 4l60e shift. I still have crank sensor connect to factory wiring. What wired would I need to get my rpm signal? I'm using oem coil plug to get my 12v n the white for tach what other wires do I need to wire to the hei so I use my oem pump? And for my trans to shift normally?