Stock 95 Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
This may sound weird, but the PO of my truck installed this el-cheapo am-fm/CD player that is total crap. I wan to go back to OEM. Wondering if anyone still has their stock radio and could take a pic of it so I know what I'm going to need. Found this on ebay, but not sure if this is actually want it would look like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Del...a0ed39261:g:TKEAAOSwFMZWqTKm&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

I don't need any fancy aux inputs, don't care if it has CD or cassette. I listen to talk radio mostly anyways.

Thanks..

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
This may sound weird, but the PO of my truck installed this el-cheapo am-fm/CD player that is total crap. I wan to go back to OEM. Wondering if anyone still has their stock radio and could take a pic of it so I know what I'm going to need. Found this on ebay, but not sure if this is actually want it would look like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Del...a0ed39261:g:TKEAAOSwFMZWqTKm&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

I don't need any fancy aux inputs, don't care if it has CD or cassette. I listen to talk radio mostly anyways.

Thanks..
I have my old broken stock radio, if you're interested. It has a few burnt out bulbs and the volume knob is touchy. One turn clockwise and it goes full blast, one turn counter and it's almost silent. Aside from that, it works perfectly haha. On a serious note though, if 88GMCtruck doesn't find the headunit, you could always order a headunit from here: http://replacementradios.com/gm-1995-cassette-radio-trucks-vans-suvs-1007c-p-114.html . I ordered my refurbished OE headunit from here and it works perfectly. I'd definitely recommend them. My review is at the bottom of their page.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Or you could contact @chrmaka about their radio & CD player they have for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am one of those guys that likes everything on my OBS to be stock, and I'm with you on going back to the OEM radio. My 98 has the OEM AM/FM Cassette stereo and the factory CD player in the dash. I like the separate analog Bass/Treble/Balance/Fade controls.

The radio works fairly well, although the 6.5 inch speakers in the doors are pretty cheap units. I have a hunch that if you replaced those speakers with quality units, it would be a pretty good sounding unit, and it looks like it belongs in a GMT400.

Jacob

Reaction score
On a side note my owners manual shows a cd head unit with the auto tune and all the bells and whistles similar to the tape head unit. It only makes mention of the tape remote unit but not the cd head unit. I have only seen the tape remote unit in nbs vehicles in the console and never seen the cd head unit In gtm400s.