Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Another issue. Going to take branches again, and the power steering goes out. I pulled a muscle in my back trying to steer it in the back yard without it. Come to find out, the big retaining ring for the pump cover had popped out of it's groove. Luckily I had another trashed pump to pull parts out of so I could replace the ring and cover which had bent. It only takes 5 minutes to remove the pump completely from the truck with this engine though, so it was an easy repair. Don't even have to pull the pulley off!

You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
So by November, I was starting to feel pretty good about the truck. It was running great and the tune was starting to really gel, so I asked my wife to come along for a ride. We headed out, and it drove fine until we were heading up the hill about 4 miles from the house and it starts jerking, so I immediately started braking for the next gravel when it dies. I got it restarted but it had no power and it made a banging noise. We got it 2 miles down the gravel going really slow before it died and I couldn't get it to restart. I had to call my buddy to tow me back to the house. Not a good way to make the wife trust it! Only a week before Harvest day too. Oh well, one more year shoving the wheelbarrow into the Subaru won't kill me.
Typing this I also realized Harvest Day 2020 was today, I didn't go because of Covid. Way too many people out there. First time I missed since 2009.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I spent a month trying to get the truck to run again. I messed with the distributor, replaced the cap, checked compression, then I replaced the fuel pump. I bought a Walbro 255 and replaced the sending unit and fuel filter. I cut a hole in the bed this time. It took me until Dec 15th to get the truck to run again, and I wasn't sure that it was anything I did that made it work again. I thought at the time that it was the wiring to the distributor.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
img_20181007_161027745-jpg.226555
It looks like you're running TP, what PCM are you using, maybe 7427? Did you convert it to a 27SF512 Flash chip or an emulator like Ostrich 2.0?

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Moving along fast now because I really didn't drive the truck at all until spring. March 2019 junkyard run. I found this 1980 Deville at the yard so I graabbed the distributor and some bolts.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Went back almost a month later and grabbed the manifold. I grabbed some pulleys and other junk too, and the fender badges off this Eldorado.