Stereo set-up help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 92 truck and wanting some help putting together a stereo system for my truck. I am wanting a new headunit (That allows iphone use), amp, subs, and new speakers. Dont want door speakers. I am probably going to buy from crutchfield so I can get those 2 panels as well for a different head unit. I am wanting something that can have some real deep bass and can shake the truck a bit.

I have experience with wirin but nothing for stereos. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated! (1992 Reg cab, bench seat)

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
The cd panel, delete pocket, harness and antenna adapter is under $30 on eBay.
Dash and rear speakers are 4x6"

As far as prices, I've found sonicelectronics to be cheaper than crutchfield. What is your budget?

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the head unit I was going for around $150 maybe. Speakers in dash would be a 4x6 and would maybe change the rear to a 4x6 plate (4x4 speakers), I have no idea what costs are for subs, amps or speakers so I was wondering about help for that. I`m not sure about any of the matching stuff - or everything I would need to make it all work.

I have the wiring harness already in the truck with panasonic head unit but has no iphone jack so want to upgrade that, and it is getting old.
What are good brands for each of the audio equipment? Sorry complete noob when it comes to this stuff lol.

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
I second sonicelectronix, they hammer crutchfield on prices. I have JL Audio sub and amp with a kenwood HU. I've just bought morel speakers for the door. I've heard Jensen has really upped their standards hiring an engineer from Apline.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im running alpine door speakers and subs kenwood amp and head unit and stock rear speakers for now

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since the new head unit comes with wires for four speakers place two 6x9 speakers in the carpet gray boxes on the back pillards screw them in before you install the speakers.

I use my front speakers for tweeters but I also have a bass speaker in my back seat place one behind your seat your going to love it over your stock radio.

Ebay has some cheap Alpine radios check them out they also have plug and play connector wires/harness.

Kicker spaekers sound good and they won't break you.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Alpine and Kenwood make great headunits. Pioneer and Eclipse also make some good units, but I've had issues with them recently. JVC seems to be stepping up their game too.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
See and I've had a couple jobs and I didn't like them

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969