Stepside Bubbling Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My picture did not take on the last post. I'll try again to show the bubbling.
You must be registered for see images

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks Like sweat drips during prep with rock chips to me???? I would think a good shop should be able to prep it well enough to get rid of the bubbles, as for the rock chips- It's A TRUCK:gr_grin:

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a fiberglass guy look at it, that specializes in boats and he thought it was the Known coming through, I'll get some pictures of my dad's truck tonight, that has original paint and his is bubbling but in a different way then mine. Something closer looking like your neighbours OlSmokie.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The neighbor took his truck to Krown yesterday and it looks like it could very well be it. They scraped of a couple of the bubbles and some kind of oil was under them. The local Krown dealer is going to contact the head office about it. Was your dads Krowned too?

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup his has been Knowned 2 or 3 times, never winter driven but still Knowned, this is interesting news to hear. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow so we can compare.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's his.
You must be registered for see images attach

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks exactly like how my neighbors is going. He is going to replace the box because if that is happening from the inside out, you would never get new paint to stick. We'll have to wait untill next week to see if Krown is going to come good for it.
Interesting enough, I sent an e-mail to Krown tech about it last week and they have not replied. If your dad does not mind, scrape off one of the bubbles and see if there is anything behind it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My Friend's Dad's Corvette is doing the same thing around the fenders.