88 chevy stepside toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABC III

Reaction score
I would like to use the room in the finders of my 88 chevy stepside I have never done fab work but I am good at what ever I try to do.
Thanks for any help

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to use the room in the finders of my 88 chevy stepside I have never done fab work but I am good at what ever I try to do.
Thanks for any help
Well that certainly seems like an ambitious project you have thought of. Where exactly are you thinking of putting them? Like outside on the step? Be aware that the fenders are not made of fiberglass, they are SMC. I'm certainly interested in what you come up with.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was talking about inside of the finders on the outside of the bed.
I thought they were fiberglass.
What is SMC.
SMC, is sheet molded compound.
If you go to the "sticky" above that says stepside and dually repair, it tells you all about it.
I owned my 91 stepside since 1996, and I thought they were fiberglass too, until a year or so ago when I read about it on here.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fender, not finder that was a TV show. You meant ahead of , or in front of , above the step right ? There's not much room inside the fender.

ABC III

Reaction score
Th
Well that certainly seems like an ambitious project you have thought of. Where exactly are you thinking of putting them? Like outside on the step? Be aware that the fenders are not made of fiberglass, they are SMC. I'm certainly interested in what you come up with.
Thanks for the info. I am still trying to get ideas for how to do the fenders I beleave I have plenty of room inside the fenders. I have a extra fender to practice on so I will see what happens. I was hoping someone else has done something like it.
Thanks again

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Th

Thanks for the info. I am still trying to get ideas for how to do the fenders I beleave I have plenty of room inside the fenders. I have a extra fender to practice on so I will see what happens. I was hoping someone else has done something like it.
Thanks again
No problem.
Post up some sketches or something of what you are thinking. Maybe someone can help you along with your project. It certainly has me intrigued.

ABC III

Reaction score
It will be a little while till get to that point Hollidays coming but could be sooner if the weather gets bad. It just started as a thought. Looking to see if anyone has done anything like that. It just might have to be first maybe.
Thanks again