94 ext stepside built by travel time wiring help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So as the title says i have a 94 extended cab that was orginaly a custom build by travle time its pretty cool with door lights and over head console lights lots of wood stuff and lots of extra holes in the cab. i am told it also had some kind of alarm system installed but i have never had a key fob or anyhting like that but there are a bunch of fuses connected under the dash that i would like to learn about replace or remove and what looks like a kill switch ( i will add some pictures to this thread later)

ive added sound deadening using 2 boxes of siless 3in1

i have recetly removed my entire interior mostly to replace the dash with one from LMC and replace my evap core and get a working AC while doing this i got the wild hair to just do everything. I have some things i want to install i have a santa cruze retro stereo with the 2A motor ( will i be able to use subs with this model? )and some JL w3s or whatever the 10 inchers are in a box that fits under the seat. i have a e1800D jl monoblock an eclipse 3422 and some pioneer what appears to be a 4 channel amp but has no legible markings. i dont know anything about what can work together and what cannot and why any and all info would be appreciated. I am in the process of ordering some new mids for the dash and the pillars from crutchfield. ive read that its recomended to change the speaker wiring so i would like to change the speaker wiring and wire up the subs as soon as possible so i can start re assembling my truck.

i will also be posting some photos of some wires that have melted and their placements so if they are important replace them or figure out why they melted

so with all that said praying that i can get some input about these subjects to help me get my truck back together and working. i want to do this right and need to know what wiring kits are good and will have everything i need besides the tools.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the eng section search for the service manuals download. You can get the OE service manual has all the info you need. Everything is in there repairs , rebuild, all the wiring diagrams, you'll need it.

Reaction score
In the eng section search for the service manuals download. You can get the OE service manual has all the info you need. Everything is in there repairs , rebuild, all the wiring diagrams, you'll need it.
i have a wiring diagram but im no electrician,
it also came with extra add ons i dont know if you have ever seen a travel time or southern comfort build truck but it has all kinds of extra lights everywhere and this one had an alarm im told...

these things are not on the wiring diagram there over head switches added one controles an over head light there are three others that i would like to know what else i cant connect if i get a wild hair

i attached photos of a burnt up wire that i suspect is my cargo lamp wire because its melted everywhere im wondering if i should just abandon it

the third pic is something i have no idea waht its for maybe an alarm? anyone know what kind?

Attachments

• truck interior crispy wires.jpg
    truck interior crispy wires.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 5
  • truck interior extra wiring.jpg
    truck interior extra wiring.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 5
  • truck interior extra wiring2.jpg
    truck interior extra wiring2.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 5