Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Goodmorning folks hope everyone is doing well.

I have a 1990 GMC K2500 with TBI 350 and Turbo 400 trans. I have been having some trouble with my tail light on the drivers side. long story short . The truck has new ground straps thru out and upgraded wires for the battery and alternator and new battery and alternator. I have a new harness in the rear for the tail lights and they are properly grounded. So I recently replaced my junky TYC traditional style tail lights with some ACanII LED tail lights. BTW the fit is absolutely terrible but they will do

I now don't have Reverse lights but everything else works great and is bright as can be ! Ive had a lot of trouble with grounds and lights in this truck haha.

So if anyone has any input on this matter please share !

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your new harness is good. Have checked to see if you have reverse light power at connector for taillights? That would tell you right now that you have tail light problem , or start diagnostics for why no backup lights.

Reaction score
If your new harness is good. Have checked to see if you have reverse light power at connector for taillights? That would tell you right now that you have tail light problem , or start diagnostics for why no backup lights.
yes I have power to my tail lights the LEDs turn on with the headlamp switch and they get brighter when the brake pedal is pressed down. They both look nice and bright and come on at the same time

Reaction score
Update !. Im not very observant haha. My new LED tail lights didn't come with bulbs for the backup light sockets. My apologies for the late update I've been very busy. long story short I replaced my neutral safety/reverse lamp switch and installed LEDs in the sockets. The switch failed and or has been failing. on to my next project !