Stepside Bed Side Panel Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So anyone know of a video or detailed description of removing the bed sides on a stepside box?
Any tips on it? Going to be removing them for body work and painting.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get them removed. I just went at it and some bolts did end up breaking. I'd advise spraying all bolts with pb blaster like a week prior to removal. I live east and luckily this truck didn't see many winters!
The torx bolts on the inside lower bed were a pain make sure to have a good bit or a few cause i broke 2. There's bolts behind the tail lights/front box and under side near the tail light wiring harness. Also there is 2 up towards the front and then the ones on the underside holding the fender to the box top rail. The bolts on the top inside fender are the most important ones to try not and brake as there is no way of getting the the nut side actually there is no nut is i believe a 3/16-1/4 plate that's made onto the bed rail and is drilled and tapped. The bolts that broke on mine were on the step section brackets which i will just cut off and replace with standard nut and bolt. Patience is the biggest thing and judgement if the top rail or bolts look really rusty i don't think i'd attempt it.

My bed was 98% rust free just old paint and few drill holes on rails which i welded up. So after blasting and epoxy sealer it is good for body/paint work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics