Steering gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I checked toe-in the way I know and I’ve actually got 1/4” toe-out. Looked in service manual and it says each side has to be measured individually and in degrees. Guess I’ll wait for the alignment.

F that, you want around 1/16"-1/8" toe in. Only way to do it individually is on the rack. You can easily set total toe at home, I do it all the time. Steering wheel won't be centered, but you can fudge your way there. It's tedious, but free.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
F that, you want around 1/16"-1/8" toe in. Only way to do it individually is on the rack. You can easily set total toe at home, I do it all the time. Steering wheel won't be centered, but you can fudge your way there. It's tedious, but free.

If you do grab a white paint pen

CNRED

Reaction score
After I tried all the above adjustments I did some research to find these units don't often last over 150-200K. I finally dropped a rebuilt steering box in couldn't believe what I had been putting up with.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After I tried all the above adjustments I did some research to find these units don't often last over 150-200K. I finally dropped a rebuilt steering box in couldn't believe what I had been putting up with.
That’s my plan if the tightening of the screw doesn’t last. But this pickup only has 50,000 miles on it, so I doubt the steering gear is bad.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo