staining parking lights orange amber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw that the chevy s10 comes stock with amber parking lights it looks preety good do you guys thing that stained orange parking lights would look well on the c1500? that way they arent amber just when you turn on the lights? i was going to go with a phantom grill but after seeing a coworker get a ticket for one im going to pass on that. id just buy the crystal clear corner lights and parking lights and spray em down with spary on glass stain paint and add a clear coat .ive never seen one like this thought it would make it stand out what do you guys think? this isnt my truck but just to get an idea

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting idea. Post pics if you decide to try it, I'm curious how this would look.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think ima go ahead with it.im painting and lowering the truck with my tax return so within the next two months ill post it.

heres a video where they did it on clear fog lights to turn them yellow same type of paint

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

they have more colors aswell so colormatched for others too hmmm ideas ideas

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm or should i just paint the bottom corner lights and parking lights amber to make them look like they blend and run side to side and keep the top corner lights clear chrome to match the headlights?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me personally I would just tint clear coat and spray them that way. It would be the same process used for tinting rear tail lights black.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great touch. I have the clear parking lights with orange glass bulbs, and have gottin many compliments on them. It is hard to find the orange glass bulbs, not the coated ones. I think I payed $10 for 2 from a motorcyle ebay place. Anyone know of a cheaper source ? or do u all use the painted ones that flake off.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great touch. I have the clear parking lights with orange glass bulbs, and have gottin many compliments on them. It is hard to find the orange glass bulbs, not the coated ones. I think I payed $10 for 2 from a motorcyle ebay place. Anyone know of a cheaper source ? or do u all use the painted ones that flake off.

I use Sylvania LongLife 2357As... Not sure if they're coated or not but if they are I've never noticed them having any issues.

Wagner has these which claim to be actual amber glass for a little over $6 per set.

https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Lighting-BP2357NA-Natural-Miniature/dp/B000BPFAA4

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Interesting idea @Mrbrown510! Please do let us know on the tinting, because I would love to do this as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will say that this might be more difficult than it seems. I tried tinting some clear corner lights amber a couple years back and my results were less than spectacular to say the least. Make sure that the surface of your plastic lenses is very clean and dry.

Probably just something I don't have the knack for. I had a local body shop do some work on a set of tail lights for me and they came out excellent. I actually have a couple more sets of those clear corners that I've been meaning to take to them...