No tail lights, tag lights, reverse lights, dash lights, or parking lights Working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So the brake lights and turn signals work in the front and back. But when you turn on headlights the whole back stays dark, and no dash backlighting comes on. When you switch to parking lights nothing happens. I have checked fuses and they are all good, I went ahead and replaced them just for the sake of it. The dimmer switch is turned all the way up and does turn on dome lights. I should also note there is a trailer plug wired in also. Where should I start?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always start with , Year, make ,model, so we know what your working on. They all look the same 20 feet away, open the hood and doors there all different. Thanks. When switching to headlight position are headlights on or no exterior lighting at all, excluding turn and brake. The fact you have turn and brake indicates rear wiring is ok. Problem is in forward area. Do check your trailer plug and wiring, cover your bases.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the brake lights and turn signals work in the front and back. But when you turn on headlights the whole back stays dark, and no dash backlighting comes on. When you switch to parking lights nothing happens. I have checked fuses and they are all good, I went ahead and replaced them just for the sake of it. The dimmer switch is turned all the way up and does turn on dome lights. I should also note there is a trailer plug wired in also. Where should I start?
1992 suburban did the same thing, are you sure your 181 fuse is not blown? It's a 20amp fuse color yellow...

I was stupid and put in a couple fuses and all blew then I got smart and realized it was the custom bumper with the custom license plate light, a wire was touching metal...ugh!

Ando069

Reaction score
I just had the same issue... i changed out my healight/parking dash switch and everything started working.. dash lights included. No reverse lights yet but mine is manaul and i have a feeling the reverse switch in the trans is worn out.