Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
it's good to be "flappin my fingers" again deej.

i just had m first....and probably last weekend off. i have a 9-5 today. they asked me if i was comfortable enough to do an overnight, so i'll be going back tonight for the 12-8........and can have off tomorrow if i want. probably do a double.......on purpose, lol.

i stayed about 2 hours late he first 2 days. just hung out getting to know one of the counselors. ate there too. friday, i was hanging out with the senior counselor on his double shift.....when i decided to go home, it was 11 o'clock. 6 hours just talking and getting to know my "boss".......this is more of a lifestyle than a job......it's good for me....and i think i'll be good at it too.

i've been thinkin on doing this for over a decade now......especially since i encouraged my friend to go to school and get a degree in substance abuse.....he came home from prison 6 months after me and we've been keeping it together ever since..........we "got it" together inside, over 11 years ago. been trying to some good ever since.

apparently good things come to those ho wait.......52 years old and actually starting a career. what a crazy world we live in, huh?

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
sounds like me but it's still just a job for me. the RR business is so shifty, shady and cutthroat that it's hard to imagine what it'll be like 3 weeks from now. i just turned 53 and started my new job a year ago.
glad you found a piece Bill.
btw, once i get the trans issue worked out, i will be putting on the leather steering wheel wrap and installing the DD radio.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
it's good to be "flappin my fingers" again deej.

i just had m first....and probably last weekend off. i have a 9-5 today. they asked me if i was comfortable enough to do an overnight, so i'll be going back tonight for the 12-8........and can have off tomorrow if i want. probably do a double.......on purpose, lol.

i stayed about 2 hours late he first 2 days. just hung out getting to know one of the counselors. ate there too. friday, i was hanging out with the senior counselor on his double shift.....when i decided to go home, it was 11 o'clock. 6 hours just talking and getting to know my "boss".......this is more of a lifestyle than a job......it's good for me....and i think i'll be good at it too.

i've been thinkin on doing this for over a decade now......especially since i encouraged my friend to go to school and get a degree in substance abuse.....he came home from prison 6 months after me and we've been keeping it together ever since..........we "got it" together inside, over 11 years ago. been trying to some good ever since.

apparently good things come to those ho wait.......52 years old and actually starting a career. what a crazy world we live in, huh?

Sounds like things are falling into place smoothly. Good for you, man.

"Upstate", huh? Whereabouts?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
they indeed are, thanks......i'm in Utica.....

now i work 2.3 miles away instead of 56........i'll save $110 a week in gas and tolls too.....and that's with the Focus.......the truck was $145......bike was $90

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
they indeed are, thanks......i'm in Utica.....

now i work 2.3 miles away instead of 56........i'll save $110 a week in gas and tolls too.....and that's with the Focus.......the truck was $145......bike was $90

I lived all around there in the mid/late 90's...corn hill, whitesboro, Clinton, even rome.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I lived all around there in the mid/late 90's...corn hill, whitesboro, Clinton, even rome.

ah cool......so you know the area.
most times i need to decompress i point my bike out east on 5S and make a "left" somewhere out Little Falls way.....get lost in the mountains....i really love that area.........and up Boonville way too.

anything in Utica is 10 minutes away. it's like small town USA to me.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
ah cool......so you know the area.
most times i need to decompress i point my bike out east on 5S and make a "left" somewhere out Little Falls way.....get lost in the mountains....i really love that area.........and up Boonville way too.

anything in Utica is 10 minutes away. it's like small town USA to me.

There is some nice riding down in the farmland south of there, too. Take 8 or 12 south to below 20 near Waterville/Bridgewater. It's pretty scenic down there too.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@ Bret Johnson

If you live in the rust belt and drive your truck regularly, you may want to swap to a set of Spyder's Glass lens headlights, not the astic ones. Mine are turning yellow and the reflector lens is start after a handful of years.