Sport wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2/4 drop. Will I have any running issues going with 275/60/15’s on the front and back?
I would probably go with a slightly smaller tire on the front since you have dropped it some. When I dropped mine 3 inches in the front and put on 255/70s. I definitely should have went smaller in the front because they hit the fender lip every time I hit a bump.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i run 275/60/15 on mine all the way around. you can turn the white letters in when they mount them.no rub anywhere ever.
the SS454 had that tire wheel combo.
i like my tires they are WAY cheaper than BFG's. on the high side they are around 150 but i found then dare i say it WALMART:eek: for 109.09.
looking at that pic i'm going to need to lower the truck......
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hankook-...dnwnQTKlr2eHgPJlGusbdvHcWkDQ7TUYaAv7BEALw_wcB
or amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Hankook-Ventus-H101-Tire-60R15/dp/B0055BP6HG
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 275/60/15 on the rear and 255/60/15 on the front. Not sure what my backspacing is but I had to buy a 5mm spacer to keep the tire a healthier distance from the sway bar and lower control arm.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There doesn’t seem to be a wheel and tire section, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area. I just picked up a set of the chrome 15” sport wheels. I have 2 questions.

First, where can I source some center caps for these wheels. Is the best bet, the stealership? Or does someone make aftermarket center caps for a reasonable price.

Second, what tires should I run? These will be my summer tires. Any suggestions for specific tires and sizes would be great. Thanks much!

A little beat up, but they aren’t that bad.

Let’s see how these shine up

Before and after

Still need to paint the inner rim, but I think they turned out great. And i’m only into the set for $40
YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I think i’m going to go with the Hankooks in 275/60/15 front and back. I can rotate them front to back to make them last a little bit longer and I love the looks. Thanks for help.

And I never thought about Walmart, i’m going to call on Monday and price out a set.

i run 275/60/15 on mine all the way around. you can turn the white letters in when they mount them.no rub anywhere ever.
the SS454 had that tire wheel combo.
i like my tires they are WAY cheaper than BFG's. on the high side they are around 150 but i found then dare i say it WALMART:eek: for 109.09.
looking at that pic i'm going to need to lower the truck......
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hankook-...dnwnQTKlr2eHgPJlGusbdvHcWkDQ7TUYaAv7BEALw_wcB
or amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Hankook-Ventus-H101-Tire-60R15/dp/B0055BP6HG

Reaction score
I am always on the lookout for decent center caps in the junkyard. I get the truck ones and the astro van caps also. I have a bucket full of the black plastic nut covers. If the caps or nut covers are discolored, I just paint them. I run a set on my 1992 Oldsmobile station wagon, the chrome was discolored on the wheels and caps, so I painted the wheels also. Added olds center to cap. Also, I have had really good luck with the Primewells from Firestone.

You must be registered for see images