Sport wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There doesn’t seem to be a wheel and tire section, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area. I just picked up a set of the chrome 15” sport wheels. I have 2 questions.

First, where can I source some center caps for these wheels. Is the best bet, the stealership? Or does someone make aftermarket center caps for a reasonable price.

Second, what tires should I run? These will be my summer tires. Any suggestions for specific tires and sizes would be great. Thanks much!

A little beat up, but they aren’t that bad.
You must be registered for see images attach

Let’s see how these shine up

Before and after

Still need to paint the inner rim, but I think they turned out great. And i’m only into the set for $40

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
E-bay for the center caps. As for tires, well that's kind of up to you and what you like. I just put on a set of 275/60/15 on my 97, and I love them. They ride good, look good, and handle well. If its the sport look that your going for, then this is a grate choice. Mine are an off brand, but I am impressed with these tires. They are milestar street steel tires. Here are a few pics of mine, and yes they will fit the OE rims. Also here is the link to an E-bay auction for center caps,,,https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHEVRO...R-HUB-CAPS/323486355345?hash=item4b514a0f91:r

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The truck that I had before my 97 in the pic above, was a 93 WT that I fixed up. I had a set of 93ish Silverado rims I got from craigslist for $150. They had a black center cap that was held on with a black plastic nut. This threaded over the lug nuts. The lug nuts for them had threads on both inside to hold the wheel onto the hub, and threads on the outside to hold on the plastic nuts. If you zoom in on the pics, you can see what I am talking about. It looks like your rims have no holes for the bolts on the E-bay center cap auction. These plastic caps were just a little tighter than have tight.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on eBay for the center caps. How much you're going to pay depends on whether you want to run the black ones or the chrome ones. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of people doing reproductions of the chrome ones now, (of course this started immediately after I forked over a ton of money for some new old stock originals) so the black will be a little harder to find.

Reaction score
eBay...look really close at the pics.i have found its hard hard to spot small imperfections on chrome in pictures unless they are zoomed way in.especially when it's chrome over plastic(grilles, center caps etc)

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think i’m leaning towards a 275/65/r15 tire. But I don’t want white sidewall lettering. Any suggestions?

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think i’m leaning towards a 275/65/r15 tire. But I don’t want white sidewall lettering. Any suggestions?

Highly likely the white lettering is one sided. I have BFGoodrich on mine but with the white raised lettering facing to the inside as I think its more suited to 60's/70's muscle cars.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2/4 drop. Will I have any running issues going with 275/60/15’s on the front and back?