Spartan Locker Install initial thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HillcrestFarm

Reaction score
Last weekend I installed a Spartan Locker in my 94 Blazer with a 10 bolt rearend. A few takeaways i wanted to share.

1. The instructions are not very good for C Clip installs. Watch this video to see the steps.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2. It is much easier to install the c-clips with a second person. The rest is easily a one man job.

3. Make sure to remove the thrust washers on the side gears before installation of new parts.

After a few days, here is my takeaways. I am happy. Clicking on turns is noticeable, especially in tight turns. It is locked when you are proving power so be aware it is harder to turn around curves unless you let off the gas.

It works well in snow and ice. I hit some ice with one wheel in a driveway, no spin at all. Backing up a snow covered driveway, no slip where it was terrible before.

Overall very happy for $250. I bought mine from Quick Performance in Ames, IA from their Ebay Store.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk