Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ever get your hvac issue figured out? Also my friend has the mx-6 shocks on his truck, where are the adjustments located at on them?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The adjusters are on the bottom. It's just a little black knob.

I haven't paid the truck any attention since I put the blower in and it didn't work. I've been PM'ing DRAGGN95 and he said there is another relay behind the glove box on top of the heat/ac thing..(I have check all relays/fuses under hood and on side of dash panel) but I think I just located the one he was talking about
You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure if replacing this might fix it or not. I'm not even sure that that is it but I just dunno what all that relay controls. If it somehow does control the blower the it's quite likely a fix. What's weird is there is like 0 room for it to come out, so I dunno....If anyone has any knowledge about this relay let me know.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone can verify that as the relay that'd be awesome. Im not sure that is bc I pulled it out a bit and its all ine chunk of plastic I couldn't seperate it at all. I'm out of time to go to autozone tonight but I'm hoping someine can show me where this relay is so I can try replacing it tmrw! Anyone who doesn't know, I'm looking for the relay located behind the glovebox somewhere...

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If I werent innebriated id go look and see what mine looks like, I'll look tommorow

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks man DRAGGN95 did verify it as the relay but when I tried pulling it out it was all one huge chunk kind of and I could not get it to separate....I'll go try again soon, and then later were going to take an OHM meter to stuff and just generally check around.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ALRIGHT FELLAS PROUD TO SAY THE A/C IS FIXED! I want to say THANK YOU to DRAGGN95 for once again pointing me in the right direction. Right behind the glove box on top of the heater there is another Relay. I wasn't sure what it was for or if it pertained to my problem even at all. So with some work, I removed that relay and took it up to Autozone. Turns out, that's the freaking BLOWER RELAY :D So I bought it and replaced it and it did not work. At this point I was PISSED...Then, while the truck was running and I had the A/C set to hi it still wasnt working and I just happened to grab this RED wire right here
You must be registered for see images attach

and squeeze it together and the A/C started blowing. I freaked out...After I let go the A/C kicked off again so I squeezed again and it came on and stayed on for good. I just got done driving around town doing errands in the truck with the A/C full blast. It's another upper 90's day with almost 100% humidity and jesus does it make all the difference in the world.

The weird thing though is in hind seight...I don't know if it was the blower relay or that red wire connector was shorting and I just needed to squeeze it. It took replacing the entire blower motor and all sorts of hell. I would have never ever known that RELAY was behind the glove box if it wasn't for DRAGGN. Thanks again man. You don't know how much this helps my life. Really. Thank you.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yessir! In hind-site, I believe it was literally just a slight short connection and it would have worked because even @ first, when I put the new relay in, it didn't come on. Then I just happened to squeeze the 1 red wire and BOOM, cold air to the face. Soooo glad. Either way, I don't think I would have gotten it fixed today without DRAGGN sending me in that direction.