Somebody STOP me!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Even moar better! Were they turds or were they OK?
In the short amount of research I've done, these were turds for sure. This one is not turbocharged, so it specs out to 160 hp and 496 ft-lbs of torque. Very prone to blowing head gaskets. Would suit me fine, going to a few rod runs while entertaining "Is that for sale?" questions.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I either need to be talked OUT of this, or possibly talked into it.
It's an '82, diesel, Allison transmission, working '64 Holmes wrecker bed on it.
I've seen this thing sitting in that spot for 25+ years. I saw the old fellow on his porch, so I whipped in and asked if he'd sell it. He gave me a REALLY low price and said "go start 'er up." I walked around, snapping these pics and then turned the key for about 4 seconds, pumped the pedal ONE time and tried it again. This time it took half a second to fire up and purr like a kitten! I wasn't expecting it, so I didn't video the darn thing till it was running.
Crazy to consider buying it? Money maker?
Anyone?
Do it. Put a square body bed with dually hips on it. Maybe some Alcoa 22.5’a. Would look really sweet. But then again it could be flipped if you left it alone. My brother has been in the towing business for years and he loves finds like this.

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love those 70s to mid 80s chevy/GMC Mediums. Nice find. We had a '73 Chevy C60 3 ton grain truck. Those were a treat to drive. The power steering was great. And even if 4000 lbs over the GVWR, could still stop on a dime. Of course, our truck had the 2BBL carb 350 (mated to a 4 speed tranny and two speed rear axle) and not a 3208 CAT. haha.
Used to see those trucks on TV shows throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s.
The nostalgic side of me says do it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those 70s to mid 80s chevy/GMC Mediums. Nice find. We had a '73 Chevy C60 3 ton grain truck. Those were a treat to drive. The power steering was great. And even if 4000 lbs over the GVWR, could still stop on a dime. Of course, our truck had the 2BBL carb 350 (mated to a 4 speed tranny and two speed rear axle) and not a 3208 CAT. haha.
Used to see those trucks on TV shows throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s.
The nostalgic side of me says do it.
Tons of those C60s around here. They get drove at harvest and that's about it!
Load em to the gills and drive them to the dock or elevator.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I want one with a 2-stroke Detroit. I've heard the 8.2L is kinda like a a big 6.2L, and I'd rather not have a 3208 Cat, either.....over 10L and no power, and every time I see a truck with one it's a Jasper reman.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want one with a 2-stroke Detroit.
Those are an abomination from hell. Old timer told me years ago "if you ever have to drive a truck with one of those, slam the door shut on your hand first, then you'll be in the right mood to drive it..."
They are soooo loud. Turbo ones sound positively mental.
I've heard the 8.2L is kinda like a a big 6.2L, and I'd rather not have a 3208 Cat, either.....over 10L and no power, and every time I see a truck with one it's a Jasper reman.
I've never heard anything good about the 8.2

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Those are an abomination from hell. Old timer told me years ago "if you ever have to drive a truck with one of those, slam the door shut on your hand first, then you'll be in the right mood to drive it..."

They're loud, but awesome sounding. I owned a 6V53 for about 3 weeks. It was too big of a truck for me, so I sold it to someone that had a need for it. It was an International with air brakes.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I've never heard anything good about the 8.2

They're just fine in YouTube videos.